The Nels Mitchell for Idaho U.S. Senate campaign would like to invite college and university level students to apply for an exciting internship opportunity with the campaign for the summer and/or fall months of 2014.
Interns will work under the direct supervision of an experienced senior staff member, and intern supervisors will work closely with each student’s college or university to ensure that all administrative requirements for available academic credit are met.
Most interns will be assigned to work in Boise; however, some interns may be offered the opportunity to work elsewhere. Because our internships will be unpaid, the campaign will attempt to procure suitable free-of-charge housing arrangements for interns who will be visiting Boise from elsewhere.
Interested students are asked to apply by sending: (1) a resume; (2) a current transcript (3) a letter of recommendation and (4) a cover letter setting forth the student’s available dates and areas of interest to:
Attn: Betty Richardson
Nels Mitchell for Idaho
P.O. Box 9425
Boise, ID 83707
or to firstname.lastname@example.org
The intern may be assigned to assist with the following:
- Administrative support
- Research projects
- Social media and online operations
- General electronic and traditional communications
- Field Operations
- Volunteer recruitment
An intern should have:
- Strong communication skills
- A strong work ethic
- Strong research skills
- The ability to work under strict deadlines
- The ability to multi-task
- The ability to function well as a member of a team
- Applicants should consult with their academic advisers to determine whether credit is available.
- Internships are unpaid; however limited stipends may be available.
- Political Science and other majors are welcome to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on an immediate and rolling basis.